Water Damage Emergency Tips
What To Do Until Help Arrives
After any water damage situation, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Electrical and “slip and fall” hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
- Wet materials can be VERY heavy. Be careful!
What To Do After Flood Damage
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flood Damage
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Tod Booth Water Damage Restoration in Jacksonville Florida
Covers these zip codes for Mold Removal Jacksonville FL, Mold Remediation Jacksonville FL, Water Damage Restoration Jacksonville FL, and Flood Damage Cleanup Jacksonville FL: 32099, 32204, 32208, 32212, 32201, 32205, 32209, 32214, 32202, 32206, 32210, 32215, 32203, 32207, 32211, 32216, 32217, 32218, 32219, 32220, 32221, 32225, 32229, 32222, 32226, 32230, 32219, 32223, 32227, 32231, 32220, 32224, 32228, 32232, 32234, 32235, 32236, 32237, 32238, 32245, 32255, 32239, 32246, 32256, 32241, 32247, 32257, 32244, 32254, 32258